Thursday 11 December 2014

Do Unicom's T&C's constitute a fair contract?

This post poses a very emotive question: Do Unicom's T&C's constitute a fair contract?   Well I suppose it all depends on whose perspective you look at them from Unicom's or the Consumers, well let us remember it is Unicom who writes these T&C's and although there are rules and regulations that say the to be usable all contracts must be fair, Unicom will want to put the best possible slant on them so they fall in their favour.

One very important note here is that Unicom in the trading name of Universal Utilities Ltd and is in no way associated with Universal Utilities Inc.


Firstly if you have the time and can afford the effort their T&C's are available on their website, but what I will say is that they are buried away in a place that only the very determined will find them.  So much so I would say this has been done by design because without a doubt if you as a potential consumer were to read them before you signed on the dotted line your signature wouldn't be forthcoming.

After a lot of searching I have obtained a copy of these T&C's, which I have now read and analysed.  To be frank I find them to be quite shocking, aggressive and very unfair, to the point where I wonder if they would stand up in a court of law.  I find it hardly surprising that when Unicom are trying to invoke these T&C's when a dispute arrises they often threaten court action and will go as far as sending fake court documents in an attempt to bully the consumer into complying.  However to date I have not found one single case where Unicom have taken a customer to court.  I wonder why; well the answer is simple if these T&C's were to be presented before the court there would be some very serious questions ask!

More to follow!

1 comment:

  1. This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

    -Phone hacks (remotely)
    -Credit repair
    -Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
    -Make money from home (USA only)
    -Social media hacks
    -Website hacks
    -Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
    -Grade change
    -funds recovery

    Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

    ReplyDelete